Tuesday, November 12, 2013

NOTD: Leighton Denny "Lilac Lust"

Today's post is about the closet I ever get to nail art. I used three coats of Leighton Denny Lilac Lust (which I got in a set from QVC), and the flat rhinestones are OPI "I Snow you Love Me", individually placed. To get the glitter in place I used a dotting tool to pick them up from the brush. I don't see how you can use this polish any other way, to be honest, as the glitters are too big and random to do a normal glitter top coat. However they work perfectly as flat rhinestones!
Lilac Lust is from Leighton Denny's winter 2013 collection, and although it looks in the bottle as though it will be a shimmer, it is really a crème. As with all Leighton's polishes I find that two coats are too sheer and patchy, but a third evens things up and gets rid of VNL (visible nail line).
You can buy Leighton Denny in M&S now, as well as John Lewis on the high street, or online from their own site and various others if you search. I bought I Snow you Love Me (from the Christmas Mariah Carey collection - sad face) from Nail Polish Direct.

No comments:

Post a Comment